People struggling with alcoholism or alcohol use disorder often feel as if they cannot function without alcohol. This can impact one’s professional goals, personal relationships and overall well-being. Fortunately, you and your loved ones don’t have to continue suffering. Alcohol rehab in Orange County is just a phone call or email away.
What Is Alcohol Rehab?
Alcohol rehab is the first step toward living a life without addiction. There are two main types of alcohol rehab in Orange County: inpatient and outpatient.
Inpatient rehab includes lodging during the length of the treatment program. Outpatient rehab, on the other hand, provides treatment as people continue their commitments to career and family. Both inpatient and outpatient rehab can include partial hospitalization for medical detox, as well as ongoing therapy and treatments. Medical professionals will often tailor their treatment method to the individual patient so as to increase its effectiveness.
How Do I Know If I Need Alcohol Rehab?
If you or a loved one uses alcohol regularly, then an honest assessment of behaviors and feelings can be an excellent way to check whether the substance use is merely recreational or presents a serious problem. When deciding whether you need alcohol rehab, you may want to ask yourself the following questions:
- Do your friends and family members also drink and use drugs?
- Have you ever felt guilt or shame for drinking or using drugs?
- Do you ever feel the need to hide your drinking or drug use from family or friends?
- Have you ever switched friend groups based on those friends’ alcohol or drug use?
- Have work, school, or family commitments ever gone neglected so that you could use alcohol or drugs?
How you answer these questions could determine your future with alcohol. For example, if you answered “yes” to even one of the above questions, you may want to consider alcohol rehab in Orange County.
Benefits of Alcohol Rehab in Orange County
If you believe you need alcohol rehab in Orange County, it is important to take some steps early in selecting which treatment program to attend. The benefits of alcohol rehab in Orange County include:
- Medical Stabilization. By the time a person living with alcohol use disorder stops drinking, they will likely experience symptoms of withdrawal. Alcohol rehab guarantees that a team of qualified medical professionals will work to keep the patient safe and relatively comfortable during the withdrawal process.
- Relapse Prevention. Relapse is extremely common among those with alcohol use disorder. An effective alcohol rehab program has ways to prevent relapse, and ways to deal with it should a relapse occur.
- Peer Support. Hearing the accounts of others, gaining insight from their challenges, and just having somebody to talk with are huge advantages of an effective alcohol rehab program.
- Self-Knowledge. Recovering from an alcohol use disorder is a personal journey, requiring more than just simple willpower. Rehab programs are the perfect place to explore why we might have self-medicated with alcohol in the past. As you learn and progress, your individualized treatment program will progress along with you.
- Aftercare. Many alcohol rehab programs often provide aftercare support to ensure patients continue the work of recovery after the rehab process is completed.
What to Expect at an Alcohol Rehab Facility
Because Experience Recovery recognizes alcohol use disorder as a chronic disease, our alcohol rehab program in Orange County is individualized and offers a continuum of care. Our treatment commonly offers the following services:
Detox. Long-term alcohol consumption takes a huge toll on a person’s physical and emotional health, so a detox period is essential in order to rid the body of toxins. This process can last anywhere from 24 hours to multiple days.
Assessment and Evaluation. After the detox period, you will meet with a clinician to review and discuss your physical and mental health, the length of the substance abuse, and other matters.
Addiction Treatment. Alcohol rehab can come in slightly different structures and intensities. Still, the abstinence-based, 12-Step approach that incorporates evidence-based practices is the core of most programs. Treatment activities include individual and group therapy, educational lectures, and family programming.
Post-Rehab. Our alcohol use disorder treatment programs are designed to not only help you get well but to stay well and thrive in recovery. At discharge, your care team will discuss post-treatment recommendations with you, such as AA meetings and ongoing recovery coaching.
Is Alcohol Rehab Covered by Insurance?
Insurance providers are currently required to cover alcohol rehab in Orange County. However, the benefits of that coverage may vary, depending on your insurance provider. Also, benefits can change from year to year, so be sure to review your insurance benefits before seeking treatment.
Also, if you are a member of Medicare or Medicaid, you can access free or low-cost alcohol addiction rehab. This includes inpatient care, long-term residential treatment, and family counseling.
The following alcohol rehab services should be covered by your insurance provider:
- Medically monitored detox services
- Medically monitored inpatient treatment
- Outpatient treatment
- Behavioral healthcare, including counseling and psychotherapy
We’re Here For You
Untreated alcohol use disorder makes it virtually impossible to live a full, satisfying life. However, when you receive proper alcohol rehab in Orange County from a reputable provider, you can and will regain control of your life. To learn more about alcohol rehab at Experience Recovery, contact us today.